Expanding into the UK - making it easy
Setting up a business in another country is never easy. A new culture must be understood, legal and tax regulations complied with and if you are part of a large corporate group, additional complexities will almost certainly be involved.
We can give you the right balance of advice you need, both to establish a company in the UK and to keep it on track during the years to come. Ours is a specialist service that we have developed over time. It involves bringing together a team of experienced professionals to work closely with your team and provide a full package of services tailored to meet your needs.
Our inward investment team will give you the advice you need to make your expansion into the UK successful. From making you aware of the most effective tax structures, to setting up your UK entity and running your accounting function, we can save you valuable management time and help control your costs.
- Planning: we will help you choose the structure that is right for your organisation, not just in the UK but worldwide. The choice of a representative office, a branch or a limited company all have significant tax and accounting implications. Transfer pricing could also be a key part of the decision.
- Start up: we can set up the legal structure of your business and advise you of your ongoing responsibilities in order to comply with the appropriate legislation. We can assist in designing your accounting systems, and help you register with HM Revenue & Customs for corporate tax and VAT. We can also set up a payroll scheme in the UK if required.
- Day-to-day: our expert outsourcing team deals with inward investment businesses on a regular basis. They can handle as much, or as little, of the accounting function as you want or need. The service includes:
- monthly/quarterly management reporting
- monitoring cash flow
- liaising with your parent company auditors
Our specialist payroll bureau can handle your payroll function for you, ensuring taxes are calculated correctly, in line with UK tax legislation. We will also advise you of any payroll liabilities arising.
- Annual compliance: we can audit your statutory financial statements or prepare year end financial statements if your business is exempt from audit. We will help ensure you fulfil your tax obligations. Our PAYE, VAT and Corporate Tax specialists will be on hand to offer advice.
- Your people: we can advise on the implications of bringing people to the UK and the best way to remunerate them, having regard to their personal tax position and the needs of your business.